Student Centric. Regionally Accredited. Nonprofit.
About NCU’s Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
As the first MFT degree program with distance education to receive accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE), NCU’s MAMFT provides rigorous training to help you develop into a competent, ethical, culturally sensitive and licensable marriage and family therapist who will make a difference in the communities where you live and work.
Accreditation from the International Accreditation Commission for Systemic Therapy Education (IACSTE), ensures that this program meets the quality standards for programs that provide systemic therapy education and training.
NCU's MFT degree courses are primarily online, however, practicum/internships/and clinical supervision activities include traditional engagement in the communities our students reside.
- Couple Therapy, MA-MFT
- LGBTQ Couple and Family Therapy, MA-MFT
- Military Family Therapy, MA-MFT
- Systemic Treatment of Addictions, MA-MFT
- Child and Adolescent Family Therapy, MA-MFT
- General Family Therapy, MA-MFT
- Medical Family Therapy, MA-MFT
- Trauma Informed Systemic Therapy, MA-MFT
- Systemic Sex Therapy, MA-MFT
The things that make us different...also make us better.
- One-To-One Learning Model: At Northcentral University, your classroom size is ONE. In other words, Northcentral's programs provide you with the opportunity to partner with a member of our 100% doctoral faculty in each of your courses.
- 100% Doctoral Faculty: Northcentral University maintains 100% doctoral faculty, most of whom have completed their program of study at a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the discipline in which they teach or develop curricula.
- Accreditation: Northcentral University is regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Certain NCU programs have also received programmatic accreditation from other accrediting bodies, including ACBSP and COAMFTE.
- Unique Flexibility: You shouldn't have to put your education on hold, at Northcentral University we offer weekly course starts to fit your schedule. With no need to wait for the start of a semester, you can start your educational journey as soon as you're ready. Northcentral University also has no physical residency requirements, which makes us a great fit for working professionals, as well as for military personnel and international students who do not have to relocate or spend money to travel to a campus to complete the online degree.